DREAM HIGH........           FLY HIGHER.............
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I want to become a Pilot. How do I go about it ?

A: Welcome to the World of Aviation. One of the most thrilling things that a human
being can do. Flying is learned step-by-step like any other skill. It's a fascinating
experience.  It's not very difficult. It can be learned by practically anyone who is
willing. Millions of people have learned how to fly, and so can you! You can
become a pilot for hobby sake or become a commercial pilot and fly with Airlines.
Q: How safe is flying ?

A: Very safe. A well-built and well-maintained aircraft flown by a competent and
sensible pilot is safer than many other forms of transportation.
Q: If engine failure occurs, what are the chances of survival ?

A: Modern aircraft engines are reliable and failure rarely occurs. Most of the flying
accidents are attributable to human errors. However, you will be trained on what to
do in this situation, including selecting a good landing area and carrying out a safe
landing. Training aircraft can usually glide distances over 15 times their altitude.
That means an aircraft that is 5000 feet above the ground, can usually glide approx
23 Km to select a wide variety of safe landing spots!
Q: Is it difficult to learn to fly?

A: No. People of all shapes and sizes, ages and abilities have learned to fly. It's fun!
If you can drive a car, in most cases you can easily fly an aeroplane.
Q: Do I need any special science or math skills ... ?

A: NO! Average high school math is good enough.
Q: What are the basic requirements I need to meet to start training for CPL?

A: You can fly with an instructor at nearly any age, but you must be 16 years old to
fly solo and 17 years old to earn a private pilot's license and 18 years old to get your
CPL ( Commercial Pilot License). Additionally, you must have English language
skills, including reading, writing, and comprehension specially for flying training
abroad. You must pass your class-II medical exam. Once you meet these basic
requirements, you're ready to start.
Q: Once I meet the initial requirements, what do I have to do to earn my

A: It depends on your goals. The first step is a Private Pilot License (PPL). The
second step is Instrument Rating. The third step is the Commercial Pilot License:
Q: How long does it take to get to earn my Private Pilot Certificate ... ?

A: In USA an FAA-approved Part 141 Certificated Flight School, you can complete
your training for the Private Pilot Certificate within 90 days or less, weather
permitting. This assumes that you fly at least twice a week through your solo.
Depending on your schedule and the number of hours spent flying, you could
complete it sooner or later.
Q: What are Part 141 & Part 61?

A: In USA there are two categories of flight training schools, Part 61 and Part 141.  
The Part 141 schools are approved by the Federal Aviation Administration and
awarded an FAA Air Agency Certificate.  They are the best of the best!  How did
they do this?  By demonstrating to the FAA that they have and follow a specified
curriculum for training, meaning you always know what is next.  Their aircraft are
rigorously inspected by the FAA and are kept in top condition.  The flight
instructors who teach under Part 141 are examined on the methods of teaching as
well as their knowledge of the aircraft they fly, and Federal rules and regulations,
on an annual basis.  They are required to perform annual recurrent training.

Each student has a training folder/record that shows every person needing that data,
from the student him or herself, to the flight instructor and chief flight instructor,
how the student is progressing, what they have accomplished and what they still
need to complete to earn their Certificate.  Additionally, each student is required to
fly progress flights with the Chief Flight Instructor to guarantee the quality of
instruction provided by your flight instructor.

Additionally, the FAA frequently makes periodic inspections of each school to
ascertain that they remain in compliance with the requirements.  Based on
compliance with these requirements - Required Aircraft Maintenance/Inspections -
Flight Instructor Training and Performance Checking - A Structured Training
Curriculum - you fly the best maintained aircraft, under the guidance of the most
qualified and skilled instructors, and receive better training, leading to faster and
more comprehensive learning, in a shorter period of time.  That also leads to
costing you less money!

Q: Am I eligible for a student pilot's certificate?

A: You are eligible if:

•  You are at least 16 years old. If you plan to pilot a glider or balloon, you must be
at least 14 years old.

•  You can read, speak, and understand English and

•  You hold at least a current class-II medical certificate.  

Q: Where can I get the list of FAA-authorized aviation medical examiners?

A: The FAA publishes a directory that lists them by name and address. You can get
a copy from any FAA Flight Standards District Office, air traffic control facility, or
flight service station. Airport managers and some aviation businesses may also be
able to supply this information.
Q: Where do I go for my Class II medical exam?

A: List of authorized Class-II medical examiners is given at
DGCA website:
Q: Where do I go for my Class1 medical exam?

A: There are three DGCA authorized Air Force Medical Establishments where you
can get your class 1 medical done.
1.        Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), Delhi

2.        Institute of Aviation Medicine (IAM), Bangalore

and the latest one recently authorized by DGCA is

 No 5, Air Force Station Hospital, Jorhat Assam.
Phone: 0376-2310248. Fax: 0376-2311830.
For appointment contact on phone between 0900 to 1100 and follow up  your          
request by fax.
Q: What is RTR (A)?

A: RTR (A) is Radio Telephony Restricted Aeromobile. This is the exam conducted
by Wire Planning and Coordination Wing of Department of Telecommunication
Ministry of Communications Government of India. This is by no means an easy
exam. Successful candidates are issued with RTR license without which you can’t
get your CPL. It is conducted in two parts. First part is transmission test which if
cleared is followed by an oral test. For further details please visit the website www. .
Q: What about UK RT is it valid in India ?

A: Yes but only if you have appeared in it outside India and can give the proof of
your visit to that country like visa air tickets and other related documents to prove
that you were physically present there for the exam.
Q: When and where are the RTR exams conducted ?

A: RTR exams are conducted after every two months at Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai,
Hyderabad or Delhi as per the schedule given by WPC. At Delhi It is conducted
twice a year and at the rest of the centers once a year.  
Q: Does your Academy conduct RTR coaching and what is the duration ?

A: Yes we do conduct coaching for RTR and the duration is 4 weeks.
Q: Can I appear for UK RT in Philippines when I go for My Flight Ttraining

A: No.There are no UK authorised examiners in Philippines.
Q: Can I appear for UK RT in USA if I go there for my flying training?

A: Yes, it will cost you about US$ 700 .
Q: What are ATO requirements for Private Pilot Certificate for flying
training in Philippines ?

A:  •  Must be at least 17 years of age
•  Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
•  Hold at least a current 3rd Class Medical Certificate
•  Pass the ATO Knowledge (General) Test
•  Pass the ATO Practical Flight Test and Oral Examination (Checkride)
Q: How many hours of flying is required for Private Pilot Certificate in
Philippines ?

A: You must complete 40 hours of flight training and pass the ATO General and
Power plant Examinations, and 1 hour Checkride and 84 hours of ground schooling.
40 hours of extensive flight training  includes dual and solo instruction for basic
airmanship, cross-country navigation, and emergency procedures is the ATO
minimum requirements. This 40 hours of flight time consists of at least 20 hours of
Dual flight instruction, at least 10 hours of Solo flight ( 5 hours of Solo local flight
and 5 hours of Solo cross-country), and 10 hours of which can be Solo flights or
Q: What are ATO requirements for Commercial Pilot License for flying
training in Philippines ?

A: ATO requirements for a Commercial Rating are:
  •   Must be at least 18 years of age
  •   Hold a Private Pilot Certificate or meet requirements
  •   Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
  •   Must hold a valid 1st Class Medical Certificate
  •   Pass the ATO Knowledge (General) Test
  •   Pass the ATO Practical Flight Test and Oral Examination (Checkride)

Q: How many hours of flying is required for Commercial Pilot License in
Philippines ?
A: At least 150 logged hours of flight time. Flight training includes advanced
commercial manoeuvers and emergency procedure.
Q: Do you conduct online classes ?

A: Yes, we do conduct online classes for very limited number of students who can
not come to India or Delhi due to their constraints but we advise them to attend
classes at least for 3-4 weeks in Noida with us in person before the DGCA exams.